Happy Friday guys! The end of the week means one thing: weekend brunches are around the corner (Hooray!!) Brunch is one of my favorite things to do in New York. If you’re staying cosy inside out of the cold you can still ‘brunch like a boss’ with this healthy baked egg recipe. Super simple. Totally delicious.
Baked Eggs (makes 2 servings)
You will need:
- 6 x eggs
- A handful of mushrooms
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp tomatoe puree (chopped tomatoes will also work)
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using the coconut oil fry off the mushrooms, tomatoes and red onion in a pan.
- Once soft, place these in the ramekins with the sliced avocado & then the spinach layered on top (equally divided between the two dishes).
- Spoon the tomatoes on top of your layer of mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, spinach and avocado. Bake for 5 mins.
- Remove ramekins from the oven. Crack 3 eggs per ramekin carefully on top.
- Place in the oven at 350F. Cook until the whites are set but yolks are still runny (about 15-18 minutes). Turn the ramekins half way through adding the Parmesan if desired.
Serve by itself or with your favorite fresh bread and get brunching! Sourdough is my personal fave. I also like to sprinkle some chilli to give it a cheeky kick! Make yours just how you like it. Have a wonderful weekend.
Sending health & happiness,
My ‘Grab & Go’ Overnight Oats
Having been away for a lot of the summer it’s so nice to be back in my apartment cooking my favorite healthy foods. As a personal trainer and fitness model people often ask me what I have for breakfast. Breakfast is one of the most important parts of a healthy lifestyle, it gets you set up and ready for whatever the day has to bring. Breakfast is an absolute must if your looking to get in shape. It stops you over eating later on in the day and ensures you start your day with a nutritious punch fueling mind, body & spirit.
One of my firm favs is “Overnight Oats”. Super simple, super tasty. They just need a touch of prep the night before, but no fuss, no muss in the morning…you’re off out the door ready & raring for your day! It’s great for breakfast to eat at home, as a “grab-and-go” brekkie or even as a healthy airport bite if you’ve got an early flight to catch – although from previous experience; better to eat it pre security check!
Here’s how I make this breakfast beaut:
Overnight Oats (makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup of steel cut or rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 chopped banana
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Handful of blueberries
1) Place in a bowl: oats, almond milk, banana, cinnamon, chia seeds & flax seeds
2) Stir ingredients
3) Leave to rest in the fridge “overnight” (geddit!?)
4) Hey presto; in the morning add almond butter & blueberries
Done deal. That’s it! Super simple, super easy, super healthy. You’ll be surprised at how delicious it is. Much better for digestion too. Massive everyday winner.
Sending health & happiness, Kim x
Heading down under for some Sydney sunshine? Then make sure you don’t miss a Tone What You Own (TWYO) favorite; Hip Hop Yoga at Yoga 213. Here’s why….
Ever thought you would get Jay-z or Snoop along side you at your favorite yoga studio, just going with the flow? Well that’s exactly what goes down at Yoga 213 with their rather awesome ‘Hip Hop Yoga’ affair. They give you classes dedicated to the love of yoga and all things hip-hop. Not only does the yoga make you feel darn right fantastic, but you can catch those extra happy UV rays on the balcony outside the studio pre or post class.
Getting all ‘eagle-y’ to Dre might be a little unorthodox? Yes. But for those who love to “tune in while they tune out” this hip hopping yoga studio is a crazy cool little gem right in the heart of Bondi Junction. Playing hip hop tunes new and legendary, it will definitely get you wiggling your tail feathers mid eagle and coming out with a zen-y smile on your face.
With intro classes starting from $25 for 10 days or $99 for a month of unlimited classes, you’d be ‘cray cray’ not to check it. So why not “drop down and get your eagle on” at Yoga213? Also available in Melbourne.
Sending health & happiness,
Shop 4 / 360 Oxford Street Bondi Junction, NSW, Australia 2022 Ph.(02) 9386 5771